- H. Zhou (2010). Knowledge, Entrepreneurship and Performance: Evidence from country-level and firm-level studies. EPS-2010-207-ORG. ERIM PhD Series in Research in Management. Erasmus Research Institute of Management. Erasmus University Rotterdam. ISBN: 978-90-5892-248-9. eps2010207org9789058922489
Refereed International Journal
- *Han, J., Ruan, Y., Wang, Y & Zhou, H (forthcoming). Toward a complex adaptive system: the case of Zhongguancun entrepreneurship ecosystem. Journal of Business Research.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.11.077 (ABS list: 3)
- *Hatak, I., and Zhou, H. (forthcoming). Health as Human Capital in Entrepreneurship: Individual,Extension and Substitution Effects on Entrepreneurial Success. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.https://doi.org/10.1177/1042258719867559 (ABS list: 4; FT50)
- Zhou, H., and van der Zwan, P. (2019). Is there a risk of growing fast? The relationship between organic employment growth and firm exit. Industrial and Corporate Change. 28(5), 1297-1320. https://doi.org/10.1093/icc/dtz006 (ABS list: 3; ABDC list: A)
- Zhou, H., Huang, L., and Kuo, T.K. (2018). Determinants of small firm growth: an exhaustive analysis using conceptual and statistical approaches. International Review of Entrepreneurship, 16(4), 525-564.
- *Kato, M., and Zhou, H. (2018). Numerical labor flexibility and innovation outcomes of start-up firms: A panel data analysis. Technovation. 69:15-27.
- *Shinnar, R.S., Hsu, D., Powell, B.C. & Zhou, H. (2018). Entrepreneurial Intentions and Start-ups: Are women or men more likely to enact their intentions? International Small Business Journal. 36(1): 60-80.
- Zhou, H. and Bojica A. (2017). The role of emotional intelligence in entrepreneurs’ perceptions of success: an exploratory study. International Review of Entrepreneurship, 15(3), 341-360.
- Zhou, H., Martinelli, L., Sandner, P.G., & Block, J.H. (2016). Patents, Trademarks, and their Complementarity in Venture Capital Funding. Technovation, 47, 14-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2015.11.005
- *Block, J., Millán, J.M., Román,C. and Zhou, H (2015). Job Satisfaction and Wages of Family Employees. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice. 39(2), 183-207. doi:10.1111/etap.12035
- *Kleinknecht, A., van Schaik, F and Zhou, H (2014). Is flexible labour good for innovation? Evidence from firm-level data. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 38 (5) 1207-1219. doi: 10.1093/cje/bet077
- *Block, J., Thurik, R.A. and Zhou, H. (2013). What Turns Knowledge into Innovative Products? The Role of Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Spillovers. Journal of Evolutionary Economics. 23(4): 693-718. doi:10.1007/s00191-012-0265-5
- Uhlaner, L.M., van Stel, A., Duplat, V., and Zhou, H.(2013). Disentangling the effects of organization capabilities, innovation and firm size on SME sales growth. Small Business Economics. 41(3): 581-607. doi:10.1007/s11187-012-9455-7
- Zhou, H., Dekker, R. and Kleinknecht, A. (2011). Flexible labor and innovation performance: evidence from longitudinal firm-level data. Industrial and Corporate Change 20 (3), 941-968. doi: 10.1093/icc/dtr013
- Zhou, H., Dekker, R. and Kleinknecht, A. (2010). The Impact of Labour Flexibility and HRM on Innovation. In Innovation in Business and Enterprise: Technologies and Frameworks, L.Hakim., J.Chen (eds.). IGI Global, Hershey.
Refereed Academic Conference proceedings
- Zhou, H., and Kato, M. Escalation of Commitment in Business Angel Investment Decision Making: Antecedents and Consequences. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research. (2016 Babson conference version)
- *Kato, M., and Zhou, H. (2015). Flexible Labor and Innovation Performance of R&D Oriented Start-ups in Japan. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 35(12), Article 2. R&D-ORIENTED START-UPS IN JAPAN
- Zhou, H., de Kok, J., Hartog, C. and van der Zwan, P.(2012). The Risk of Growing Fast: Does fast growth have a negative impact on the survival rates of firms? Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 32(9), Article 1. does-fast-growth-have-a-negative-impact-on-the-survival-of-firms
- *Block, J., Thurik, R.A. and Zhou, H. (2010). What Turns Knowledge into Innovative Products? The Role of Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Spillovers. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 30(18), Article 2. the-role-of-entrepreneurship-and-knowlege-spillovers
- Zhou, H., Dekker, R. and Kleinknecht, A. (2007). The Impact of Labour Relations on Innovative Output: An Exploration of Firm level Data in the Netherlands. In proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Management of Technology (ISMOT’07): 433-436.the-impact-of-labour-relations-on-innovative-output-an-exploration-of-firm-level-data-in-the-netherlands
*Authors in alphabetical order indicates equal authorship and contribution